What is Reiki?
"Reiki is a non-invasive therapy whose purpose is to treat holistically and to restore homeostasis."
The word Reiki is Japanese in origin and means
This energy has always been used in Eastern medicine and is recognised as an energy which flows through all living things and most importantly is vital to well-being. Other names for this energy are: 'Ki' in Japan, 'Chi' in China and 'Prana' in India. This free-flowing energy is also utilised in such therapies as Acupuncture, T'ai Chi and Yoga.
Reiki was developed by Mikao Usui in Japan as an original method of healing during the early part of the 20th century, and is activated by intention. Reiki promotes the body's self healing ability at every level.
Sue and Paul both qualified as Reiki Masters in 2000, having spent many years as Reiki practitioners. Sue is also a Master Teacher Member of the UK Reiki Federation.
Inspira Reiki Lineage
It is very important to be able to trace your Reiki Lineage ( the names of the Reiki Masters ). We are very privileged to have a very direct ascendancy with only 6 (six) masters between ourselves and Mikao Usui.
Due to government legislation in January 2011, and in accordance with the guidelines as determined by the Reiki Council, the teaching of Reiki has had to change and at Inspira. You will now have the opportunity to follow different routes. These are:
1) Reiki I Personal Course
2) Reiki II Personal Course (To include Reiki Practitioner Skills Course)
3) Reiki III Masters (Teaching) Course
In a nutshell ...
- If you want to work on yourself, family and friends you can do Reiki I and Reiki II.
- If you want to do voluntary work or be paid you have to do Reiki I, Reiki II and the Practitioner Skills Course.
- If you want to teach others Reiki, you then do Reiki III and you must also have a teaching certificate, but please read on for more details!